Are you planning to build a new house and wondering what material to use? If yes, you can try the stone masonry. Masonry is getting more popular in the construction sector. Byron Shire Stone Masonry is used for different purposes such as building foundations, retaining walls, columns, arches, floors, and much more. However, natural rocks are used for masonry construction.
The natural rocks are cut into the proper shapes to use in the stone masonry construction. This stone is not only durable building material but also increases the beauty of the property. Brick, concrete as well as stone blocks are commonly used materials in masonry construction. You can gain lots of advantages from the natural rock instead of using other kinds of materials.
Different kinds of stone masonry
Masonry is available around you in different building visits daily. A particular type of masonry is suited for building construction based on the design. Therefore, it is essential to know what kinds of stone masonry are available nowadays and pick the right one for your building construction. The followings are popular masonry:
- Rubble masonry uses the unfinished stone as the outer layer of the wall. Different material is used to finish the wall.
- Fixer masonry is used at the construction site as the stone is attached to the building directly. The process is done in various methods with the help of specific fixing. Modern cement and epoxy resins are used for stone cladding.
- Slipform masonry aids in developing the strongest masonry. Builders create Slipform masonry up to two feet tall and placed it directly into both walls.
- Ashlar masonry is one of the popular techniques to create the decorative look for the outer layers of the wall. It involves the uses of stones, which have been cut finely for particular uses.
If your building needs to stand out, you can use the most excellent Byron Shire Stone Masonry. The architect will help you to pick the right stone masonry which perfectly suitable to your project.
why use stone masonry
Building the house is a vital stage in everyone’s life. However, deciding on the suitable material is crucial in getting your dream house. Stonemasonry is used mainly in construction techniques around the globe for its advantages. Here are some reasons to use stone masonry:
- A significant reason for using stone masonry is weather resistance. It can resist the effect caused by weather elements such as snow, rain, and hail.
- The home constructed through masonry needs lower maintenance for its durability. But other materials need painting, plastering, and others.
- The final outlook of the building is more robust when you use Byron Shire Stone Masonry. The compressive strength is the higher load the stone will bear without cracking.
- The stone can withstand wear, damage, and pressure that offer long-lasting durability.
- Stone comes in different textures, colors, and sizes that offer the majestic and aesthetic look.
Stonemasonry has numerous benefits over other construction materials that make it a popular option. With the help of stone masonry, you can increase the appeal of your building.