Do you love spending on exceptional things in your life? Something that sets your charm apart from the rest of your family and friends during social gatherings, then you should try your hand at a genuine piece of the estate and antique jewelry. These are rare pieces that carry a rich symbolic history with them.
It is a perfect fit for people who love collecting things of historical significance. This piece of jewelry would add a charming and mesmerizing element to your collection. You can also pass it on to your grandchildren to keep as a memento from the carefully picked up and well-maintained collection that you own.
Which jewelry is referred to as an estate collection and what makes it so precious?
They are unique pieces of pre-owned jewelry that were a part of the collection of some renowned people such as Elizabeth Taylor. Mostly these pieces are sold after the owner of the jewelry has passed away, only a few stunning pieces have been sold when they were still alive.
Almost all the pieces of an estate collection of jewelry have intricate work and resemble the handwork and art significant to that period. Estate jewellery is a broad term that can include vintage jewel collections and antique pieces of jewelry as well.
Estate collection of jewelry is considered a unique and precious piece of ornaments because:
- It signifies the designs of a glorified period in the history of mankind.
- It uses some rare and precious gemstones in intricate cuts that cannot be found in modern retail jewelry stores.
- With this piece of jewelry, you own a tiny part of our cultural history.
- This jewelry has withstood time and still stands gorgeous and intact; you can be assured that the quality is amazingly superior.
- This also makes it an excellent investment as the jewels could last for your lifetime and can be sold at premium prices.
- It preserves our past and we can pass it on to the future generations so that they can also know what the vintage arts of previous eras looked like.
- Some of these pieces also carry messages of love that were lost with time and you get the opportunity to carry and pass on such beautiful messages.
- There will not be another piece of trinket similar to the one that you would own as all of these were crafted by the men of that era and were unique in designs.
- These intricate designs can be worn with absolutely all your garments, anywhere at any time and this makes it very versatile.
- The resale value of this jewelry is much higher than that of modern ornaments and thus makes for a great way of investment.
How to stay away from fake sellers of such precious jewelry?
This type of jewelry is expensive and rare at the same time. Only the most authentic gemologists or those who are involved in the collection of antique forms of arts can tell whether a piece of jewelry belongs to an estate collection or not. There are however some factors that could save you from spending a huge fortune on a fake piece in the secondary market:
- Only buy unique pieces from auction houses that have a renowned name in the market, or specialized retailers and dealers that have a trustworthy reputation.
- The metal used to create the earring or necklace must be of excellent quality and must represent designs of workmanship of that particular era.
- You must also check on the reviews and experiences that people have had with a specific seller, especially if you are buying it from an unknown online source.
Buying such an authentic piece of jewelry does not always mean that you have to break your entire fortune; you can always choose something from the Victorian era as they are sold at a much reasonable price than any of the modern designs you would buy from a retail store. This would also mean that you would save a lot of costs because you get quality at a cheaper price.
It will surely enhance your jewelry collection and define your personality as a person. It will also show the world how invested you are in keeping yourself alive for generations to come.